WordPress Recurring Payments : Sell flexible subscriptions through Easy Digital Downloads.
You’re probably already selling one-time digital products to your customers. But do you also have products you can sell on a recurring basis to them?
Recurring revenue provides more predictable income and allows you to make better forecasts and major decisions for your business.
Why use recurring billing
- Billing is automated, which means no more hassle of requesting a renewal payment or sending invoices every month or year.
- With an automated system, there are fewer late or missing payments.
- The risk of fraud is reduced because there’s less circulation of sensitive information.
- Customer retention usually goes up because they don’t have to make a new buying decision or take the time to re-enter their payment information every month or year.
The truth is, setting up recurring revenue with your online store might just be the most important business decision you ever make.
Multiple payment gateway support
Recurring Payments works with the following payment gateways:
- PayPal Standard (included with Easy Digital Downloads)
- PayPal Express
- PayPal Website Payments Pro
- NETbilling Gateway (3rd party)
We highly recommend pairing Recurring Payments with our Stripe Payment Gateway extension. It’s our most popular premium gateway for Easy Digital Downloads and how this site itself processes most of its transactions.
This is extremely powerful for anyone selling licenses for software, services, courses, all access passes, and more. Streamlined and fully integrated with the Recurring Payments extension, there’s no need for customers to manually return and purchase again.
In addition to Stripe being the preferred payment gateway for Easy Digital Downloads, we are also officially a Stripe verified partner. The Stripe partner program recognizes applications which meet their strict quality requirements and allows us to provide even better services to our customers.