Custom HTML 5 video on your own site with Flash fallback for legacy browsers is here.
FV Player is a free, easy-to-use, and complete solution for embedding FLV or MP4 videos into your posts or pages. With MP4 videos, FV Player offers 98% coverage even on mobile devices.
- Remembering video position both both guest users and members
- API for custom video fields
- easy AB looped playback for your visitors (great for teaching sites)
- improved and more powerful playlists (more playlist features coming soon).
- Automated checking of video encoding for logged in admins
- FV Player is a completely responsive WordPress video player.
- Custom start and end screens are built right in. You can use your own custom design before and after the video.
- Enjoy unlimited instances in a single page.
- No expensive plugins: unlike other players who nickel and dime you for every feature, with FV Player all advanced features are available in the standard license (Google Analytics, Cuepoints, Native fullscreen, Keyboard shortcuts, Subtitles, Slow motion, Random seeking, Retina ready)
- Single site pro license available (JW Player requires five pack for full features)
- 98% Browser coverage. Built-in Flash fallback will get the job done on older browsers while HLS.js library gives you HLS playback on desktop browsers.
- Full support for Amazon S3, Cloudfront and other CDN’s.
- Totally Brandable. Stop selling YouTube and start selling yourself. Even design your own player.
- Supports video intelligence video ads
Back to school special 25% off pro licenses until end of September.
Additional Technical information
- Core video engine: open source Flowplayer 7.
- Supported video formats are MP4, WebM and OGV (read about HTML5 video formats).
- Default options for all the embedded videos can be set in comprehensive administration menu.
- In comparison with WordPress Flowplayer plugin, there are several improvements:
- Allows user to display clickable splash screen at the beginning of video (which not only looks good, but improves the performance significantly).
- Allows user to display popup box after the video ends, with any HTML content (clickable links, images, styling, etc.)
- Does not use configuration file, but WordPress Options
- Does not drive you to use an in-house proprietary CDN but supports all CDN.
- Includes advanced built-in social sharing.
- Inexpensive pro support available.
- Includes an advanced built-in video encoding and theme checker to make sure your videos are encoded properly and your site is set up for video playback.