User Locations extension is integrated with the Google Maps Platform. The extension requires creating an app within the platform and activating the API. The Google Maps Platform is a paid service that comes with $200 in free usage each month. To view the Google Maps usage pricing please click here.
- Add user location field to registration and profile forms to allow users to add their location.
- Ability to auto-detect user location (requires users to click the pin icon on the location field and give permission to share location)
- Adds a user location search field to member directory to allow people to search for users by location
- Adds a map to member directory
- User Clustering for users in close proximity on member directory map
- User avatars appear on the map to show the location of users
- When avatar is clicked a small profile card will appear on the map which shows the avatar, display name and information you choose in member directory settings
- Allow people to find users by dragging the map.