This theme is priced much higher than the average theme to reduce the number of new customers and cover the costs of continuing development for existing customers. Unfortunately Envato does not offer the ability to charge for updates or for a subscription to the theme, which would be better ways of charging customers for continued development. If you feel this price is too high for you I suggest looking for another theme such as my best seller Aardvark for only $55.
Huber is a modern multi-purpose review theme that allows you to create a powerful and interactive review site. Huber has the edge over other review themes because of its unique and powerful hub system.
Full List of Features
- Unique hub system
- Add multiple reviews for each item (hub)
- Site and user ratings on any post or page
- Multiple criteria rating
- Show ratings in Google search results (rich snippets)
- Choose whether visitors or just logged in users can add ratings
- Allow visitors and logged in users to submit user reviews from the frontend
- Display and order posts by release date (separate from post date)
- Add multiple affiliates
- Follow hubs
- Bundled with Visual Composer (worth $34)
- Tons of customization options
- One click install
- BuddyPress integration
- bbPress integration
- WooCommerce integration
- Front-end and Social Login
- Trending Posts
- Vote Up/Down Posts
- Profile Link/Notifications Counter
- Multiple Advertisement Areas
- Multiple Page Headers
- Ajax filtering
- Sticky sidebars (worth $24)
- Search engine optimisation (SEO)
- Translation ready
- Icon font (FontAwesome)
- Clean code
- Post formats
- Individual and global options
- Create unlimited sidebars
- Child theme
- Redux framework
- Powerful menus
- Compatible in all major browsers
- Valid HTML5 and CSS3
Gauge and The Review Users
Will my hubs and reviews work with this theme?
Yes! If you are already using Gauge or The Review themes you can use this theme without the worry of things not working. Huber comes with a theme converter that converts all your hub, reviews and child pages so everything looks pretty much like it did before. Please note hub awards are not currently supported.
What’s different about this theme?
There’s a lot of differences, here’s a look at a few of them:
- Hubs no longer use child pages for tabs. The Reviews, News, Images and Videos tabs are now part of the hub page. This reduces the number of pages generated, reduces the number of database queries and makes creating hubs even easier.
- Hubs and reviews can now be either posts or pages.
- You can now add multiple reviews to each hub item (you associate reviews with hubs just like you do with posts).
- Hubs now include a Forums tab by default for easily adding forum content.
- You can now add multiple affiliates to each hub.
- Release dates are now treated like a proper date field so you can order by this date, filter by specific date ranges, show only items from future release dates etc.
- Add review results to the top of reviews.
- Images now work with CDNs and image compression plugins.
- Tons of speed improvements.